- In a nutshell
- Common questions
- What’s the point of coaching?
- What exactly is coaching?
- When to coach and when to tell
- Specific applications of coaching
- Different approaches to coaching
- Face-to-face, telephone or email?
- Intent and attitude in coaching
- Coaching skills
- Questioning and challenging
- Active listening
- Forwarding the action
- The need for a process
- Wheel of life – a coaching tool
- The GROW coaching process
- Things to watch for in your coaching sessions
- Coaching and motivation
- Coaching people in different roles
- What sort of impact can coaching have?
- How do I become a coach?
- Want to know more?
Coaching is a hot topic – but a potentially confusing one. ‘Coaching’ is a buzzword in many organisations and yet a myriad of apparently conflicting styles and methodologies are used. How can one make sense of these different approaches and make coaching accessible to both new and experienced practitioners? This is the challenge we face.
In this topic, first you will find the foundations – why coaching is so popular right now, a definition of it and a journey through the different approaches. In addition, there are the core skills that underpin effective business coaching, the processes and tools that coaches use and the attitudinal elements that apply to coaching. Finally, we explore what sort of impact coaching can really have on a business and what you need to do to improve your skills.
Enjoy the journey!