Duration: 1 hour session
These 1 Hour Training Bubbles have been developed for the busy line manager that wants to get a message across, but needs to reduce the impact to working operations.
Developed for use in meetings or as part of stand-alone webinar training session. These short, succinct 1 Hour Training Bubbles enable you to deliver effective training sessions that get the key message across and retain participant involvement.
Why buy this one hour bubble?
Time is valuable, and agile leadership creates an environment for short sharp learning and motivational boosts.
These bubbles can be delivered by Courageous Cultures(CC) as a one off or a package; or can be purchased from CC and delivered by your in house L&D.
Workbook – This is a place for participants to add their action plans and learning, whilst also containing information about the course content and a place to work on exercises and activities
Delegation is much more than telling others what to do. It is about using a particular style of leadership that empowers others to take responsibility and make decisions. It develops their skills and knowledge and makes full use of their potential.
Delegation is about entrusting others with your authority and whilst you retain overall responsibility if something goes wrong, they are entrusted and encouraged to make decisions. Delegating is a key skill we should all develop.
- Good delegation saves you time, develops your people, grooms a successor, and motivates.
- Delegation is a very helpful aid for succession planning, personal development – and seeking and encouraging others to take on higher responsibilities.
- Delegation can be used to develop your people and yourself – delegation is not just a management technique for freeing up the boss’s time.
These Delegation Skills training course materials cover the following areas…
1. Identifying the advantages of delegation for both individuals and groups
2. Following the 7 Steps of Delegation:
- Define the task
- Assess ability, suitability and training needs
- Explain the reasons
- State required result
- Agree deadlines
- Support & communicate
- Feedback on results
3. Establish what shouldn’t be delegated.
4. Delegation & Leadership Styles – Identifying how different leadership styles affect your delegation approach and how best to adapt your style to ensure positive delegation techniques.
5. Practice session using previously discussed techniques and methodologies based on the 7 step delegation model.
At this end of this 1 hour, ‘Delegation Skills’ training session your participants will be able to:
- Explain the 7 steps of delegation
- Use leadership styles that empower others to take ownership and responsibility
- Delegate effectively using explained techniques