Duration: 1 hour session
These 1 Hour Training Bubbles have been developed for the busy line manager that wants to get a message across, but needs to reduce the impact to working operations.
Developed for use in meetings or as part of stand-alone webinar training session. These short, succinct 1 Hour Training Bubbles enable you to deliver effective training sessions that get the key message across and retain participant involvement.
Why buy this one hour bubble?
Time is valuable, and agile leadership creates an environment for short sharp learning and motivational boosts.
These bubbles can be delivered by Courageous Cultures(CC) as a one off or a package; or can be purchased from CC and delivered by your in house L&D.
Workbook – This is a place for participants to add their action plans and learning, whilst also containing information about the course content and a place to work on exercises and activities
Every human being makes immediate, snap decisions about new people. It is purely instinctual and happens faster than we can comprehend, as quickly as 30 milliseconds. This process is called Unconscious Bias, and can have a huge influence on how we respond to new people or groups of people.
Part of the bodies defence mechanism is to make these immediate decisions about people, to try and understand if it is safe. It is also a way to speed up new interactions; we cannot possibly process everything we initially take in about a new person. The brain will subconsciously categorise based on gender, age, race, weight, attractiveness and disability. Along with this, our past experiences will also play a part, so that the brain also looks for familiar patterns of language, accent, nationality, religion and education. Social Psychologists call this part of the process Social Categorisation.
We all form categories which pre-judge others, and other groups, based on past experiences with a similar group. This pre-judging will also be based on what we have seen, heard and absorbed unconsciously during the course of our lives. Influences can come from family and friends but may also be affected by the News, social media and peers; creating patterns which we unconsciously process and store. These categories get reinforced by our daily lives, without us thinking consciously about them.
These unconscious decisions we make about someone’s character will then help create a bias, whether good or bad, towards them. Unconscious bias cannot be stopped, but we can learn how to use logical thought to ensure that we don’t let it impact negatively in the workplace.
To appreciate Unconscious Bias, we must:
1. Identify what Unconscious Bias is.
- Instinctual snap decisions on people as quickly as 30 milliseconds.
2. Recognise how Unconscious Bias affects you and your organisation
- Understand how it influences how we respond to new people or groups of people.
3. Learn how to recognise and manage your Unconscious Bias
- Take the test and discuss findings.
4. Raise awareness and manage Unconscious Bias in the workplace
- Put in place processes and policies, within the organisation, that are fair and inclusive to all.
At this end of this 1 hour, ‘Unconscious Bias’ training course your participants will be able to:
- Identify what Unconscious Bias is.
- Recognise how you, your colleagues and organisation can be affected by Unconscious Bias.
- Explain how you can manage your own Unconscious Bias.
- Identify steps to raise awareness and manage Unconscious Bias in the workplace.