This five-course program examines the issues facing women in leadership positions and offers strategies for handling them. Heather Gordon balances academic research regarding social norms and expectations with practical strategies for operating effectively within the workplace. She discusses how to outmaneuver the “double bind” dilemma, showing strong leadership qualities without being penalised for it. We discusses how women can best negotiate in the workplace and how they can strengthen their emotional intelligence to stand out as a leader among both men and women.
This course positions women who are in leadership roles to recognise when there is a gender dimension at work and how they can outstrategse gender bias and their own habits to achieve better results.
You can complete all 5 courses in this program and earn your certificate in as little as 3 months, spending 3-5 hours per week.
Students who successfully complete all five courses in this certificate program receive a Women in Leadership Award from The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
Who Should Enroll
Women who are mid-to-senior level managers, regardless of whether they have formal team to lead. This course is meant for women who aspire to move into a leadership role and have minimum of 3-5 years professional experience.
What You’ll Learn
- Navigate the double bind dilemma facing women in leadership; women are both penalised for using leadership behaviours associated with masculinity and penalised for being weak if their behaviour is seen as too feminine.
- Outmaneuver typical negotiation traps that women leaders fall into.
- Develop emotional intelligence so that women can lead others with greater empathy, self-awareness, and social management.
- Give feedback effectively, putting their team in a position to succeed.
- Identify what an optimal work/life balance looks like and give women leaders the tools needed to craft this balance for themselves, allowing for both professional and personal success.
- Co-operative Power
- Win/Win Negotiation
- Managing Emotions- EQ
- Giving Constructive Feedback
- Creative Responses
Inside the Program
- Courses are designed as a rolling program
- Each workshop will have workbooks and video recorded discussions
- Final project is required for each course, allowing you to practice what you have learned in the real-world context
- Expect plenty of opportunities for collaboration and networking with fellow participants both during and after your course.
- Online webinars
- Online discussions
- Workbooks and exercises
- Project for each course to gain practical experience
- 1:2:1 Coaching
- 1:2:1 and Group Mentoring
- Individual, zoom, email and or telephone support
- Individual feedback
- 3 month after 1:2:1 program support
- Private online women’s power circle
- Life time access to tutorials and workbooks
ILM Certificate pricing: £5,000
Monthly payments plan options also available.
Organisational Investment priced on cohort numbers